List of the upcoming events with PPILOW project partners attendance. Event Date Location Partners World Poultry Congress 2022 7-11 August 2022 Paris, France Specific session on Animal Welfare in outdoor and organic production systems with several partners involved
– by Anne Collin (INRAE) The European Commission has launched a public consultation in relation to the revision of the Animal Welfare legislation planned to be completed by the end of 2023. You can consult the first results of the Inception impact assessment and provide your feedback by following this link and filling the EC survey before the […]
– by Anne Collin (INRAE) The PPILOW partners have presented the outputs of the project in several scientific and professional events this summer. Especially we can mention: Two communications in a specific session of European Association of European Economists 2021, XVI EAAE Congress, July 20-23, 2021, Prague, Czech Republic (2020 postponed). They reviewed on the […]
PPILOW project has realized a video to present the first experiments carried out by some partners. The video highlights the concept of “welfare” in extensive poultry systems. Enjoy the video to know more!
One of the aims of the PPILOW project is to develop tools for organic and free-range farmers to monitor the welfare of their own animals. For this purpose, two apps have been developed: 1) the EBENE app for poultry farmers and 2) the PIGLOW app for pig farmers. With this two apps, poultry and pig farmers can conduct welfare […]
One of the PPILOW project activities is to create a web series of 10 episodes. The 1st video has been thought as a teaser with the goal to present, in general, the objectives and targets of the project. Enjoy this nice video!
– by Laura Van Vooren (BioForum) Bioforum facilitates two PPILOW National Practitioner Groups, one on layers and one on pigs. Both NPGs focus on organic production. The layer NPG, consisting of laying hen farmers, veterinarians, feed producers, breeders and retailers, expressed the need to work together on the topic of natural feed additives to promote […]
PPILOW Italian meeting “Innovative strategies to promote the welfare and products quality of extensive chickens: environmental enrichment and role of genetic strain”
– by Cesare Castellini (UNIPG) The Italian preliminary-PPILOW meeting will be held on 15 December 2021 at OSCARD BUSINESS CENTER BOLOGNA, SALA XL, Spazio Business Center, via Boldrini 18/A, Bologna. The meeting will propose innovative strategies to improve the welfare of chickens reared in extensive systems provided or not with environmental enrichments. Furthermore, a focus […]
Review: What are the challenges facing the table egg industry in the next decades and what can be done to address them?
– by Joel Gautron and Sophie Rehault-Godbert (INRAE) There has been a strong consumer demand to take welfare into account in animal production, including table eggs. This is particularly true in Europe and North America but increasingly around the world. We reviewed the main demands that is facing the egg industry driven by economic, societal […]
Two years of co-creation of innovations with the European practitioners, consumers and citizens in the PPILOW project!
– by Anne Collin (INRAE) The second annual meeting of the European PPILOW project (Poultry and PIG Low-input and Organic production systems’ Welfare, 2019-2024) was held from the 21st to the 23rd of September, 2021. During this 3-day online meeting, the PPILOW partners from 9 European countries shared with members of the project European Multiactor […]