PPILOW representatives will attend numerous conferences, workshops, and fairs; during these events, the latest project developments, progresses and results will be presented to the audience.
- Maataloustieteen päivät 2022 conference in Helsinki (Finland, 14th – 15th June 2022). LUKE presentations : 1) “Barriers and levers of enhancing animal welfare in organic and low-input outdoor production: Insights from a supply chain survey” ; 2) “Consumer expectations on animal welfare in organic and low-input outdoor production: Insights from a consumer survey”.
- 13th CHEESE Conference in Bra (Italy, 17th – 20th September 2021). SLOWFOOD fair with final debate.
- 7th EVIW Conference, online conference (29th – 31st August 2021). AU presented a poster: “Effect of fermented rapeseed meal and seaweed on immunoprofiles in layers infected with Ascaridia galli”.
- XVI European Association of Agricultural Economist (EAAE), virtual congress (20th – 23rd July 2021). Presentation : 1) “Review of European Pig and Poultry Poduction Systems and Marketing Labels Elaborating Animal Welfare” (LUKE); 2) “Laying Hens’ Husbandry Systems on Different Animal Welfare Levels” (Thuenen).
- Agriculture for life, life for agriculture Conference in Bucarest (Romania, 3rd – 5th June 2021). USAMV made a presentation: “Detection of Trichinella spiralis larvae in domestic pigs (Sus scrofa domesticus) using artificial digestion and a microfluidic device, a comparative study” and presented a poster: “Co-infections with gastrointestinal parasites in a free-range swine farm from the Transylvania area”.
- Multidisciplinary Conference on Sustainable Development in Timisoara (Romania, 10th – 21st May 2021). USAMV presented two posters: 1) “The effects of allium sativum and artemisia absinthiuml. on the sporulation of eimeria ssp. oocysts during an experimental (in vitro) study”; 2) “The effects of artemisia absinthium and allium sativum on trichinella spiralis and trichinella britovi larvae during an experimental (in vitro) study”.
- 53e Journées de la Recherche Porcine, online conference (1st – 4th February 2021). CRA-W presented a poster: “Perception of alternatives to piglet castration by the pig sector in Wallonia”.
- Improving Sustainability and Welfare in Organic Poultry and Pig Production, Joint Online Conference four research projects: OK-Net EcoFeed, PPILOW, Freebirds and POWER, (25th – 26th January 2021). PPILOW presentations: 1) “Welcome by the project coordinators” (INRAE); 2) “One Welfare for farm animals and humans: practitioners’ and citizens’ expectations” (INRAE & LUKE); 3) “A tool for farmers to self-assess the welfare of their livestock” (EV ILVO); 4) “Farmer experience: Dual purpose breeds” (ITAB).
- Journée Technique Inter-filière du SYSAAF, online (9th December 2020). SYSAAF, AU, INRAE, Thuenen, ITAB presentation: “A la recherche d’une génétique à double fin en réponse à un questionnement éthique”.
- Cremona International Livestock Exhibitions, online conference (4th December 2020). AIAB presentation: “PPILOW primi risultati”.
- Meeting of the ‘Animal Welfare’ subgroup of the Collaborative working group Animal health and welfare of SCAR (EC), online (12th November 2020). INRAE, EV ILVO, ACTA (ITAVI) presentation: “Overview of the PPILOW project and tools developed for animal welfare self-assessment”.
- ISAE Benelux Meeting 2020, online conference (3rd November 2020). UU presentation: “Black Soldier Fly larvae as enrichment for layer chicks: a pilot”.
- 6th International Mediterranean Symposium on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (MESMAP-6), in Selçuk (Ephesus) Izmir (Turkey, 15th -16th October 2020). USAMV presentation: “In vitro age dependent cell-mediated responses to antimicrobial plant extracts in free range mangalitza pigs”.
- 19th International Conference Life Sciences for Sustainable Development in Cluj-Napoca (Romania, 24th -25th September 2020). USAMV presentations: 1) “Swine parasitic profile from a free-range in the Transylvania area”; 2) “Skin bacteriomeand its resistance to antibiotics in free range pigs”; 3) “Antiparasitic action of lactobacillus casei and lactobacillus bulgaricus strain in CD-1 mice experimentally infected with trichinellaspp” . Moreover two posters were presented: 1) “Bactericidal capacity of serum in pigs subsequent to hipopphae rhamnoidestreatment”; 2) “Swine parasitic profile from a free-range farm in the Transylvania area”.
- Conference Organic Innovation Daysin Brussels (Belgium, 3rd – 4th December 2019). ILVO represented PPILOW Consortium.
- Défis PHASE in Rennes (France, 6th – 8thNovember 2019). INRAE presented PPILOW project. Moreover, a poster was presented.
- Cremona International Livestock Exhibitions in Cremona (Italy, 28th-30th October 2019). AIAB presentation: “Benessere animale nei sistemi produttivi ovicoli e suinicoli a basso input e biologici” during the Workshop “The challenge of organic farming for sustainable livestock”.
- XXXIII Euragri Conference 2019 in Melle and Ghent (Belgium, 22nd -24st September 2019). Slowfood made an oral presentation: “Activism, philosophy, ideals and the right way to produce knowledge”. INRAE and ILVO presented a flyer: “PPILOW: Poultry and Pig Low input and Organic production systems’ Welfare”.
- Tech&Bio 2019 in Bourg-Lès-Valence (France, 18th -19st September 2019). AIAB, INRAE and ITAB presented leaflets and posters.