PPILOW autumn school “How to improve welfare in poultry and pig low input outdoor and organic farms?”
- Trainees will be farmers, supply chain operators, associations consumers, technicians, food experts, with a professional experience in a related field for minimum 2 years and PhD students in animal science and animal production.
- To attend the whole 3 days of school.
The selection process will be carried out by a selection committee made by members of the project and the project coordinator. The process will try to ensure a good gender representation. At the end of the selection process the Committee will create a primary list with the successful candidates and a reserve list. All applicants will be informed of the selection results within 5 working days from the registration deadline.
Aim of the school
The free-range poultry and organic poultry and pig productions production requests different knowledge and cognitive paradigm respect to conventional system, accordingly, the aim of the Autumn School is to develop knowledge on alternative productions systems with attention to animal welfare, meat quality and sustainability, including the results of PPILOW project.
General info school
The PPILOW autumn school will be held in Assisi (Italy) from 25th to 27th of October (3 full days). The school will be held in English.
Location: The school will be held in Assisi, 30 minutes from Perugia. Dinners will be also hosted in the school premises.
Trainees: 35/40 (indicatively 30 external participants and 10 PPILOW partners young researchers).
- from/to Perugia on 24 October and on 27 October at the end of the event
- from/to hotel(s)/school
- visit to one organic poultry farm on 27 October
The registration is free and includes:
- Accommodation with breakfast (3 nights: 24-25-26 October)*
- 3 lunches (25-26-27 October)
- Coffee breaks (25-26-27 October)
- 3 dinners (24-25-26 October)
- course material
- certificate of attendance
*Partner institutions of the PPILOW project that send attendees will have to pay for their own accommodation. Non-partner institutions will have the accommodation costs covered.
Travel costs, extra nights, extra meals, public transport are at the expenses of the trainee. Details about accommodation will be sent by email once the candidature will be accepted.
Deadline application: 11 September 2023
For more information contact: email@example.com