PPILOW results will be presented at the coming EAAP meeting in Lyon, France (August 26-September 1, 2023)!
– by Anne Collin
A session (#62) dedicated to Poultry and PIg Low input and Organic production systems’ Welfare will be held under both the EAAP ‘Animal Health and Welfare’ and « Pig (with the contribution of the Poultry working group) Commissions on the 30th of August, 2023. Several communications on PPILOW results will be presented:
- Keynote Lecture: Welfare barriers and levers for improvement in organic and low-input outdoor pig and poultry farms – Leterrier et al.
- Range use relationship with welfare and performance indicators in four organic broilers strains – Bonnefous et al.
- Case study of a newly-developed genotype for dual-purpose rearing of male chicks – Pluschke, Lombard et al.
- Poultry production: Using dual-purpose genotypes to reduce the culling of day-old male chicks? – Niemi et al.
- Animal welfare and pork quality of intact male pigs in organic farming according to genotype – Lebret et al.
- Large White genetics in organic system: breeding for piglet survival – Canario et al.
- Comparing animal welfare assessments by researchers and free-range pig farmers with the PIGLOW app – Graat et al.
Members of the PPILOW consortium are looking forward to share and discuss their scientific results during this meeting!